The Atlas Lions of Morocco defeated the Black Stars of Ghana by 1-0 in an international friendly on Tuesday evening.
The encounter held at the FAR Sportive Stadium this evening saw C K Akonnor and his charges displayed an impressive performance despite their defeat.
FootballMadeInGhana rated the Performance of the Black Stars players.
16.Razak Abalora (4/10) – Made an unpardonable mistake which resulted in a goal. Gave two dangerous opponents passes, but was lucky his teammates saved him. Apart from that. He commanded his defense in one or two instances.
2. Andy Yiadom (5/10)- Defended very well on the right side. Didn’t put any foot wrong in the game. Went about his buisness without been complacent. Didn’t offer much in the attack.
14. Gideon Mensah (6/10) – Great display by the young left back. Struggled at the beginning but grew up in confidence and produced a commanding display. He defended and attacked very well. In few occasions, the Black stars attacked through the left flanks and he was good.
4. Nicholas Opoku (5/10) – Great game by the Amiens defender. Won almost all the battles at back. Combined very well with Amartey to keep the Morrocans attack quite. Was brought off before the restart due to injury.
18. Daniel Amartey (6/10) – Justify why he is so important to the National team with another impressive display. Commanded the back and played with so much confidence. Never looked like he was away from the team for so long.
21. Baba Idrissu (6/10)- Great game by the Mallorca enforcer. Worked very hard in midfield. Got his tackles and interventions on point. Intercepted the Moroccans attack after Abalora’s opponent pass in the first half.
8. Emmanuel Lomotey (5/10)- Did what he was asked to do. Sat deep to provide the needed shield to the back four. Didn’t offer much in the attack. Got Injured in the die embers of the game.
13. Joel Fameyeh (5/10) – Promising debut from the Orenburg Attacker. Was played out of position, but did well to caused problems to the Morrocans. Was relatively sluggish in the first half. So unlucky not to get on the score sheet.
19.Samuel Owusu (5/10) – Started the game very well and caused a lot of problems on the right side. Faded in the second half as he wasn’t getting much supplies. Also got dispossessed on numerous encounter.
20. Mohammed Kudus (7/10) – Best Player on the pitch by far. Too bad he ended up at the losing side. Was denied by wonderful goalkeeping fron Bonu. Look dangerous on almost all his attack. Really caused havoc to the Atlas Lions.
9. Jordan Ayew (6/10)
Made his opponents struggled in the game. Notable of him, he was chasing the ball always. Won infringement for the team on many instances. Fired balls to the goal area of his opponents, had one off target and one target.
Alexander Djiku (4/10)
Came to add stability at the defense. Tried his luck to get the goal for his side, but was denied. Shielded the defense well.
Andre Ayew (4/10)
Came to add pressure on his foes. Attacked on few occasions for the equalizer, but was denied by the Moroccans. The Moroccans have a change in behavior when he came in the game. The Moroccans defense many times remain in the 18 yard box as way to avoid his treats.
Rashid Nortey – Late cameo.