The Director of Communications at the Presidency, Mr. Eugene Arhin has said that government would not respond to any further discussions on the resignation of the Immediate Past Special Prosecutor, Mr. Martin Amidu.
A statement sighted on the Facebook page of Mr. Arhin said, the statement written and signed by Secretary to the President, Nana Bediatuo Asante on Tuesday, November 17, would be the last and only statement from the presidency on the development which had been a topic of discussion throughout the week.
“The statement put out by the Secretary to the President, Nana Bediatuo Asante, which was addressed to the former Special Prosecutor, Mr. Martin Amidu, will be the ONLY statement from the Presidency on this matter”.
He added that the president had his mandate to focus on rather than on Amidu’s resignation.
The President is focused on delivering on his mandate, and securing #4MoreToDoMore on 7th December.
Martin Amidu Resigns
Mr. Martin Amidu on Monday, November 16, resigned from his Special Prosecutor’s duties citing political interference by the President, office accommodation challenges among others as the reason for his decision.
The Presidency, on Tuesday, responded in a nine (9) page document rubbishing all issues raised by the astute politician and anti-corruption crusader.
However, reports have revealed that Mr. Amidu has indicated he would soon respond to the statement from the Presidency.